According to SIERRA one of the very first things to do is to identify the problem areas like:
- Are the inventory counts not precise?
- Do your scale-of-operations require too much of conventional communication?
- Do you have many systems that do not communicate with each other, which together are expected to deliver the Warehouse functionality?
- Is there any difficulty in spotting a particular product? Have you done an ABC analysis to decide on the slotting for each category? Have you done an FMS/FSN kind of analysis?
- Is your order fulfillment cycle comparable to Industry standards?
- Are changes in orders causing a lot of confusion?
- Are there too many repetitions? Is communicating with the warehouse posing a problem, with receipt and dispatch of products in total confusion?
- Are products coming back for replacement difficult to trace?
- Is data capturing done manually without Barcode/RFID tags?
- Is there too much dead stock?
Once the problem areas are identified you can share the same with us so that our Domain experts can have a conference call with you to gain more insights into the problem and suggest quick and easy solutions.
Leave a Reply